The COLEOPTER project (COncertation LocalE pour l’Optimisation des Politiques Territoriales pour l’Energie Rurale) was submitted on March 29th to the 3rd Call for project of the Interreg Sudoe Programme. Here is a short description of the project
COLEOPTER addresses two challenges of energy efficiency in buildings: (1) difficulties for rural municipalities to take action and conduct work despite the positive local impact (savings, local employment); 2/lack of awareness in building challenges translating into an irrational use of energy and low renovation rates.
COLEOPTER develops an integrated approach of efficiency in public buildings, associating social, political and technical challenges. The COLEOPTER approach has three components:
- Conducting territorial dialogue with local actors to co-construct work plans of public buildings
- Using BIM, a database software for building information modeling, as a collaborative tool to support the dialogue
- Considering water efficiency issues along with energy challenges to better consider the usage dimension
It will be tested on 4 demonstrators related to children and the local community, 3 to be renovated (a sport facility in Póvoa de Lanhoso – Portugal, a recreation center in Cartagena – Spain, a day care in Est Creuse -France) and 1 new building (a daycare in Est Creuse) comparable with the other day care building. COLEOPTER approach will be replicated in Escaldes-Engordany (Andorra) to validate its transferability.
The change expected is the implementation of a participative approach on energy efficiency challenges, and raised awareness and involvement of local stakeholders, leading to a better efficiency of energy efficiency policies and increased public and private renovation rates.
The consortium is made of 8 public and private partners:
- Póvoa de Lanhoso, a rural municipality in the north of Portugal;
- CIM do AVE, the association of municipalities encompassing the
Póvoa de Lanhoso, Portugal
- Adene, the national energy agency of Portugal
- Syndicat mixte Est Creuse, groupment of 2 municipalities in France
- The Politecnic University of Catalunya
- The Technological Center for Energy and the Environment in the region of Murcia (CETENMA), Spain
- The ayuntamiento of Cartagena, Spain
- RURENER, project coordinator
Final decisions on the call on June 18th 2019… Let’s cross fingers!
If you wish to follow the project and its results, let us know and become part of the community of interest.